Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

The Grand Plan...

I've laid out my plan for my reader's workshop.  Remembering that it is just that, a plan, I share it here.  I'm excited for my workshops to begin!


My Reader's Workshop Plan:

September

  • Establish workshop routines
  • Learn the genre of a test
  • Getting to know oneself as a reader

October

  • Launching the Reader's Workshop (continuation from September)
  • Moving into Strategies

November

  • Reading Fiction--focus on strategies
    • Visualizing, Schema, Questioning

December

  • Reading Nonfiction

January

  • Reading nonfiction

February

  • Reading Fiction--focus on strategies
    • Metacognition, inferring, and synthesizing

March

  • Reading Fiction
    • Literary Elements
    • Literary Appreciation

April

  • Reading poetry

May

  • Genre Study
  • Author Study
**This is a pretty basic structure.  I hope to write more at the beginning of each month as I lay out the month's lessons.  Finally, I am a Montessori teacher.  That means that I will adjust the plan when needed to meet the needs of my students.  That's just good teaching...really!  One final thought, each month's work should build upon the last.

Happy Reading!

--Mrs. Perrien

No comments:

Post a Comment